When you’re constantly cooking on a Kamado grill, it’s incredibly easy to get carried away with really heavy foods such as ribs, burgers, pizza, etc. Personally, as much as I love each of them, I’m not a big fan of that bogged down feeling that inevitably comes in tow…and that’s where this grilled garlic lemon chicken recipe comes into play.
It’s extremely light, especially if you halve the chicken breasts, and the sauce created when the garlic fuses with the lemon gives the dish a savory citrus tang that’ll satisfy just about anyone.
- Four chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- Juice from two lemons
- A large pinch of both salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley to taste
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine your chicken breasts with the olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and most of your fresh parsley into a Ziploc bag
- Thinly slice your juiced lemons and set aside
- Refrigerate chicken for one hour
- Start your Kamado and aim for about 400°F direct heat
- Cook chicken approximately 7 minutes on each side with dome closed, keeping lemon slices on top of each breast. Time will vary depending on thickness of chicken
- Remove chicken from grill at 160°F, rest them for five minutes
- Always use a Thermapen to check for doneness
- Press lemons into chicken for extra flavor, garnish with leftover parsley
- Serve and enjoy!